Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tip done, vent time!

We spent Saturday at a wrestling tournament. Very proud of my boys, as always. My youngest and oldest lost two and were out. My middle took a respectable third and should not have lost the match that he did. He was the better wrestler but he stalled too much time out and was scoring his points to win as the last towel flew in! So it was a very good learning experience for him ( he's a bit cocky) and his coaches...very good times. I am so impressed, FINALLY, with the latest coaching adjustments in Little Guy Wrestling. I actually wrote Thank You notes to the volunteering wonders we have been blessed with! Hopefully they will be more than volunteers soon. Just neat to see an upswing after so many years.

So, I was the ranting mom last night after the school board meeting about our football program but I found some possible support in the ranks, which makes me very hopeful. Even if the results I desire are not achieved I am so relieved to have vented away!! And my wonderful and beautiful friend just cracks me up with her shame at honestly pointing out the flaws in our 'opposing' leader's philosophy! She felt so bad and I feel the honest points were incredible, if in his face....
Do you ever feel like this:
"As an adult ( wait , yah I am one, right?) why do some insist on treating me like I don't know anything? Why would someone speak down to another adult like they don't know what they are about?"

I truly feel that we have a school administration here and TIGHT 'good ole boys club' who feel they are above the rest! No one can touch them and they know best because they hold the administrative, teaching, and coaching positions. Which makes no sense to me when our kids and taxes pay their wages. Do you know our school board has nothing to say about personnel? They aren't allowed to listen or comment on personnel during a school board meeting. You have to go talk to the offending party, then supervisor of, then the Principal, then the Superintendent: if it isn't resolved. The only way that an issue with an employee can come before the board is if you can prove they have violated District policy. Or in the case of sexual harrassment it goes a little higher.
I am beginning to think that tenure and job security is a very bad thing. Where is the accountability factor? If they were worried for their position maybe they would be a much better competitor in the teaching/coaching world. I am not knocking teachers, I know some incredible ones and they have one of the hardest jobs out there. I am complaining about a system that enables the sub par leaders to be above reproach. Thank you for letting me share my ramblings.

Someday when I am over it and full of forgiveness I will share a comical freezer story with you, too! My Saturday, Sunday and Monday were an absolute blur. Here I go to work again and hope you all have a blessed day. Yes, even those above mentioned, I hope they have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment