Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another saving tip

I had a fun Signature Homestyles Party! We agreed these are just such good 'girl' times to visit and the having to slow down is worth it.
I was spraying oil in my pan this morning and realized I have neglected to share one of my biggest savers! The Pampered Chef Oil Spritzer (no, I am not a consultant ) is amazing. When you buy Pam or any pan spray it contains propellers, usually air but sometimes butanes....additives to keep it thin and is an aerosol normally.
In case you have not looked at the oil spritzer... you fill it up halfway with the oil you commonly use. So now you have eliminated buying Pam from your budget and I believe that spritzer is around $10.00. Pump it up and spray! So simple. Every once in awhile you have to wash the pump part with straw in boiling soapy water. Letting the air pressure off after each use does help. I have had mine about 5 years.

I also purchased one for my homemade bug repellant mix, less spendy and no harsh poisins, especially NO DEET! That's a whole 'nother blog...

May you sleep restfully and be blessed with sunshine in your heart on the 'morrow!

2 comments:

  1. Homemade bug repellant? Care to share the recipe, or can I buy some from you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will share. Some work better than others depending on your on body phernome, so I will share how I mix it and a couple recipes here soon! Everyone should get the chance to try alternatives that are safer and more affordable.

    ReplyDelete